8 slices of Rustic White sourdough loaf.
4 knobs of butter to spread on the Bread
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g caster sugar
200g dark chocolate chip
Zest of 1 orange
Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
Duration: 1h 20 mins
- Slice the slices of bread in half and spread with butter.
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and over a gentle heat warm the mixture.
- Whisk the eggs together with the vanilla extract and sugar until pale then add in the milk mixture, whisking well.
- Arrange the buttered bread slices into an oven proof dish then pour over the milk, egg mixture and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Place the oven proof dish into a larger baking tray filled halfway up with water, sprinkle the fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries and dark chocolate chips and sprinkle orange zest over the top before cooking the pudding for 45 minutes. Serve while still hot.