2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried thyme
2 free-range chicken breasts, butterflied
1 teaspoon chili powder
1–2 teaspoon garlic powder
Sunflower oil, to shallow fry
2 burger buns
Duration: 25 mins
- In a bowl add the garlic, lemon zest, thyme to the buttermilk. Place the butterflied chicken into it and allow to marinade for as long as you can, minimum 1 hour.
- Add the chilli and garlic powder to the flour in another bowl, season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breasts evenly with this flour mix.
- Heat a pot filled with about 1–2cm of oil over a high heat. When the oil is hot, place the chicken into the pot and fry until crispy on both sides and fully cooked through.
- Alternatively you can drizzle the chicken with oil, place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 15 minutes.
- Now build your burge on Gallaghers bakehouse gourmet burger bun or brioche burger bun.
- Spoon some mayo onto the bun and place the crispy chicken in the centre.
- Top this with lettuce, gherkin, tomato, slaw, whatever you fancy.
- Serve and Enjoy