Gallaghers Bakehouse has been in business for 50 years producing the finest award winning breads on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Ardara, Co.Donegal.
We are proud to have a staff of over 300 employees. Many of our employees have worked for us for a great number of those 50 years.
Our factory is based in Ardara, Co. Donegal; we have a headquarters in Shankill, Dublin and we also have a number of staff who work remotely.
Our company is focused on developing each and every one of our employees to form a nimble organisation, ready, willing and continuously significant impacts for our dynamic business and meeting the demands of our customers.
We’d love to have you join our team!
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter
Feel free to send in your CV even if you don’t see the position you’re looking for listed. Email: email@example.com
Relief Van Sales Representative / Business Developer
Location: Northern Ireland
Reporting to: Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: None
ROLE: To maximise the sales of Promise Gluten Free and Gallaghers Bakery products to customers, both existing and new in the Northern Ireland region, while operating to standards outlined by the
Job Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- To provide relief cover for our Van Sales Team across all regions in N.I.
- To follow the route sequence and timing that has been established by the Van Sales Team.
- To develop routes that are in their infancy, and work closely with Regional Sales Manager to identify and maximise all opportunities in that area.
- To maintain effective customer relationships by providing an efficient and reliable service
- To ensure that adequate supplies of stock across the listed range are always available.
- To check Stock ordered on the van each morning and stock accountability for each van covered.
- To account for all stock in your possession.
- Liaising with Regional Sales Manager and Van Sales colleagues regarding sales opportunities in the region.
- To manage waste / returns to company agreed levels
- To report competitor activity to Regional Sales Manager & Van Sales colleagues.
- To complete all necessary paperwork to the agreed standard and timings.
- To vigilantly follow the company’s health, safety and food hygiene requirements
- To maintain the company vehicle in a clean, tidy & safe condition
- Any other duties as delegated by the Regional Sales Manager.
Please note Van Sales Experience is not essential but desireable.
- Excellent written & verbal skills in English.
- I.T. Literate
- Good working understanding of customers in NI
- Confidence to cover all routes in NI
- Flexibility to change routes at short notice
- Personal Attributes
- Reliability & Time Keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative & under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills & Problem Solving Ability
Promise Gluten Free is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Quality Assurance Officer
Due to the growth of the company it has become necessary to recruit a Quality Assurance Officer. The QA Officer will be reporting into the QA Supervisor.
Job Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- To conduct Daily Checks on the floor including
- Metal detection verification
- Weight verification
- Date code verification
- Pre-production checks including packaging and QAs comparison
- Hourly production checks
- Prepare, review and implement all QA procedures & processes and taking responsibility for corrective actions.
- To assist in all aspects of Quality Assurance and support the team in maintaining the highest standards.
- Prepare and action all non-conformance reports NCR’s, audits on site activates and take appropriate action if required.
- Responsible for ensuring Factory Hygiene and GMP is maintained on a daily basis.
- Issuing and following up non-conforming issues to ensure effective close out and ensure that data is available for trending and improvement.
- Collation of data regarding environmental conditions such as temperatures for trending and statistical control purposes.
- Swabbing of machinery and employees to ensure cleaning is effective under direction of QA supervisor.
- Responsible for the Collection of production paperwork and the resolution of errors.
- A food qualification or 2 years food industry experience
- Experience with BRC and multinational retailer standards
- Ambitious and energetic with excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible attitude to work, hours and location.
- Attention to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi-cultural and multi-functional environment
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have first class negotiation, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills and understand the importance of “getting it right first time”
- Must be flexible working shift rotations across a 24/7 period
Shift Maintenance Engineer
Due to continued expansion of the site we require shift maintenance engineer.
Summary of role
The shift maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme as per Promise Gluten Free’s requirements at its facility in Ardara, Co. Donegal. They will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Core job responsibilities:
- Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for production.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently;
- Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment, facilities, components and systems throughout the site.
- Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they arise.
- Utilising structured troubleshooting and problem-solving method to resolve equipment issues;
- Display technical leadership and specialisation by acting as ‘Champion’ and leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions;
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting as part of the maintenance team of all mechanical systems / machine set ups;
- Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise downtime;
- Assist Head of Maintenance and team in the update of Standard Operating Procedures and ensure Training is carried out with production teams as and when required;
- To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems relating to maintenance and that appropriate actions are taken immediately;
- To follow all company procedures relating to work instructions and the wearing of appropriate PPE;
- Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines;
- Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
- To work in a flexible and organised manner.
- Inspect all completed installations / works to ensure compliance with correct operational procedures and safety standards,
- Safety comes first .You have a responsibility in your role to ensure the safety of yourself, Gallagher’s Bakery employees and members of the public. The use of safety equipment such as lock out tag outs, safety barriers, appropriate signage etc. must always be in place as part of the organisation and planning undertaken prior to starting work. Identifying and communicating potential hazards to the Maintenance Manager and flagging the need for risk assessments etc. is an important element of the job.
- Compliance with HACCP regulations will be a consistent requirement for all maintenance work carried out on site as is an awareness of the potential risk of food contamination.
Qualifications/ Education / Training:
- 2 years of experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a fast-paced production environment.
- Candidates should have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/Report writing/trouble shooting – and a willingness to learn and upskill will form an important part of this role
Promise Gluten Free General Operative
Promise Gluten Free / Gallaghers Bakehouse are currently recruiting general operatives for our manufacturing teams in Ardara.
Our General Operatives are focused on ensuring that all areas of the facility run smoothly and are kept to a suitably high standard of cleanliness. A typical day will involve working as part of the team to hit our daily and weekly targets ensuring the highest manufacturing standards across the facility. Promise Gluten Free / Gallaghers Bakehouse are currently recruiting general operatives for our manufacturing teams in Ardara.
Our General Operatives are focused on ensuring that all areas of the facility run smoothly and are kept to a suitably high standard of cleanliness. A typical day will involve working as part of the team to hit our daily and weekly targets ensuring the highest manufacturing standards across the facility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Involvement in setting up production lines
- Adhering to food safety standards / Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy in line with the Company ‘Clean as you go Policy’.
- Participating in on the job training
- Work with the team and bakery in producing World winning products, first time every time
- Reporting of any safety issues observed in the factory
- Other duties as required
Qualifications/ Education / Training:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Flexibility / adaptability (shifts/ overtime hours)
- Ability to show initiative
- Fork Lift license an advantage but not essential
- Rate of pay dependant on previous experience
Work remotely: No
Location: Promise Gluten Free / Gallagher’s Bakery, Ardara, Co. Donegal
Reporting to: Head of Production
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed Term (6 months)
Role: In order to deliver on our strategic objectives for growth and diversification,
Gallagher’s Bakery / Promise Gluten Free are now recruiting for a relief Shift
Manager in our Production Department. This multi-faceted role is responsible
for the management of activities in our production plant in Ardara, Co.
Donegal. The initial appointment will be on a fixed-term basis for 6 months.
Key areas of Responsibility:
– Achieving agreed production targets in line with both quality & quantity requirements
– Oversee production shifts to ensure all performance measures are attained, including
– Productivity & Efficiency
– EHS standards
– BRC standards
– Quality & Technical
– Quantity & Sales
– Ensuring waste targets are met, including producing waste level reports for each shift
– Identification of risk and implementation of control measures in line with Risk Assessment
– Managing all plant maintenance issues in collaboration with the Maintenance team, ensuring
issues are resolved prior to handover
– Managing a diverse workforce across the production site
– Leading team meetings and setting a positive future focused agenda for the Production
– Coordinating existing resources and planning for future production demands
– Performance Management
– Lead projects to improve team & organisational effectiveness as required
– Proactive, highly motivated and organised
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to manage teams and systems within a busy work environment
– High level of attention to detail
– Decision making experience and the proven ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
– Ability to plan & organise production resources & rosters
– A strong understanding of food safety standards and quality control measures
– The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
– Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to lead a growing team
Skills & Experience:
– Production Management
– Operations Management
– Food Production (BRC Standards) Management
– Team Management
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your
suitability for the role to the HR Department by hand or email to HR@promiseglutenfree.com
Follow us on Linkedin for up to date news on the company