Gallaghers Bakehouse has been in business for 50 years producing the finest award winning breads on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Ardara, Co.Donegal.
We are proud to have a staff of over 300 employees. Many of our employees have worked for us for a great number of those 50 years.
Our factory is based in Ardara, Co. Donegal; we have a headquarters in Shankill, Dublin and we also have a number of staff who work remotely.
Our company is focused on developing each and every one of our employees to form a nimble organisation, ready, willing and continuously significant impacts for our dynamic business and meeting the demands of our customers.
We’d love to have you join our team!
Please apply by emailing HR@gallaghersbakehouse.ie with your CV and cover letter
Feel free to send in your CV even if you don’t see the position you’re looking for listed. Email: HR@gallaghersbakehouse.ie
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Gallagher’s Bakehouse / Promise Gluten Free are currently recruiting general operatives for our Production & Hygiene teams onsite in Ardara.
Our General Operatives are focused on ensuring that all areas of the facility run smoothly and are kept to a suitably high standard of cleanliness. A typical day will involve working as part of the team to hit our daily and weekly targets ensuring the highest production and hygiene standards across the facility.
Key responsibilities include:
– Cleaning of production line/machines and completing hygiene logs
– Involvement in setting up production lines
– Adhering to food safety standards
– Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy in line with the Company ‘Clean as you go Policy’.
– Participating in on the job training
– Adhering to company policies
– Reporting of any safety issues observed in the factory
– Other duties as required
– Strong attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills
– Team player
– Flexibility / adaptability (shifts/ overtime hours)
– Ability to show initiative
– Fork Lift license an advantage but not essential
Shift Maintenance engineer 2021
Shift Maintenance Engineer
Salary – Depending on experience
The Shift Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme as per Promise Gluten Free’s requirements on a shift basis at its facility in Ardara, Co. Donegal. They will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Core job responsibilities:
- Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are maintained and available for production at all times.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently;
- Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment, facilities, components and systems throughout the site.
- Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they arise.
- Utilising structured troubleshooting and problem-solving method to resolve equipment issues;
- Display engineering and technical leadership and specialisation by acting as ‘Champion’ and leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions;
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting as part of the maintenance team of all mechanical systems / machine set ups;
- Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise downtime;
- Assist Head of Maintenance and team in the update of Standard Operating Procedures and ensure Training is carried out with production teams as and when required;
- To ensure supervisors and managers are made aware of any problems relating to maintenance and that appropriate actions are taken immediately;
- To follow all company procedures relating to work instructions and the wearing of appropriate PPE;
- Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines;
- Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
- To work in a flexible and organised manner.
- Inspect all completed installations / works to ensure compliance with correct operational procedures and safety standards,
- Safety comes first. You have a responsibility in your role to ensure the safety of yourself, Gallagher’s Bakery employees and members of the public. The use of safety equipment such as lock out tag outs, safety barriers, appropriate signage etc. must always be in place as part of the organisation and planning undertaken prior to starting work. Identifying and communicating potential hazards to the Head of Maintenance and flagging the need for risk assessments etc. is an important element of the job.
- Compliance with HACCP regulations will be a consistent requirement for all maintenance work
carried out on site as is an awareness of the potential risk of food contamination.
Qualifications/ Education / Training
- At least 3 years’ experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a fast-paced production environment.
- Candidates should have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook/Report writing/trouble shooting – and a willingness to learn and upskill will form an important part of this role
- Safe Pass
Follow us on Linkedin for up to date news on the company